POSTPONED – KGV College: Centenary Anniversary
Share:

This exhibition has been postponed – new date to be announced.


King George V College, which is situated on Scarisbrick New Road, began life as Southport Municipal Secondary School for Boys. It was founded in September 1920 and originally occupied a building named ‘The Woodlands’, along with some disused Army huts, at the north end of Lord Street where the Law Courts now stand. There were 110 boys in the School and the Headmaster was George Millward M.A. assisted by six teachers.

In 2020 KGV celebrate the centenary anniversary of the college. To mark the occasion a historical exhibition will be on display in the foyer of The Atkinson.

www.kgv.ac.uk

 

+ View Google map
Loading Map....