It is important to The Atkinson’s team that everyone is able to enjoy the venue an all its facilities. To read The Atkinson’s full access statement please download our Access Statement for The Atkinson
Click here to view our Visual story before visiting The Atkinson.
To have a look at the layout of the building please view our floor plan.
- The Atkinson does not have its own car park but due to being located in the heart of Lord Street, there is pay and display street parking that disabled drivers can use (please remember to show your blue badge). For full information on the parking zones available please visit the Sefton Council website
- Disabled parking at the front of the building is available but is limited to two spaces. These spaces are offered on a first come, first served basis We will provide a ‘The Atkinson Visitor Parking Permit’ for three hours for the first two visitors who require them. These can be issued to any visitors who are blue badge holders. The permits are available from the Box Office/shop counter ( Call 0151 934 2179) and we do ask for them to be returned at the end of the visit. Please park parallel and drop off outside the building before entering the designated space.
- There is one blue badge parking space on Market Street, next to the old Carlton Hotel and on the corner of the Vincent Hotel (approx 5 minutes from The Atkinson). There are also two spaces on Eastbank Street (facing Superdrug) (approx 6 minutes from The Atkinson) .
In The Atkinson
- The main entrance is flat, there are automatic doors and there are lifts to all floors.
- There are accessible toilets available on all floors and the first floor accessible toilet has full adult changing facilities. This will soon be a registered Changing Places toilet.
- An induction loop is set up on our Visitor Services counter and full infra red emitters in all our performance spaces
- There is a portable induction loop available for any space in the venue
- Tables and chairs in the café are free standing. Large print menus will be available on request.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Sometimes The Atkinson can be a noisy place. For those who need a little quiet time, ear defenders are now available to borrow free of charge from Box Office desk (subject to availability)
For information on shop-mobility services in Southport please visit the Sefton Council website
Should you require any further information regarding the accessibility of The Atkinson, please do call our friendly Box Office Team on 01704 533333 or email them HERE with your query.